Data Engineer (Gas Trading) – Commodity Trading – London – Up to £160k (+50% Bonus)
At Cititec we are recruiting for an experienced data engineer to work directly with the traders and research analysts in the European Gas and Power trading teams of a top-level commodity trading firm. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced commercial setting, playing a vital role in a real-time, data-driven trading environment.
Whilst working directly with the trading teams, the engineer will be part of the global Data Science and Engineering Team and is responsible for ingesting and managing the market and fundamental data, sophisticated modelling techniques, and the provisioning of cloud-based infrastructure for the use of research analysts, traders and data scientists.
Their office is based in Central London, and it requires 4 days working on site per week.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of Python and SQL.
- AWS data stack (E.g. S3, Redshift, Glue, Lambda).
- Build and maintain time-critical data integration pipelines (ETL/ELT).
- Design appropriate data models for a variety of internal and external datasets.
- Contribute to the automation of processes on the trading desk.
- Develop a deep understanding of technical projects.
- Commodity trading experience (Gas / Power) highly desirable.
- AWS Certifications are a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of partners across business lines and technology.
- Understanding and experience implementing software engineering best practices.
- Ability to tackle problems under pressure.
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks of high importance.
If you would like to discuss this further please apply directly.