Are you a talented and motivated Java developer looking to contribute to the backbone of a leading financial institution’s technical architecture? Join the Back Office Development team and play a pivotal role in delivering key shared services to various critical departments such as Finance, Operations, Product Control, Regulatory & Transaction Reporting, Risk, and more.
Primary Responsibility: As a member of the Back Office Development team, you will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining essential applications that underpin the Bank’s technical infrastructure. These applications encompass strategic systems that form the core of trade, position, and reference data systems. The team operates within a Java micro-service architecture, with additional web and desktop applications in scope. Our applications are deployed both on-premises and on the cloud, specifically AWS.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including IT and business units to understand requirements and implement effective solutions.
- Contribute to both project and business-as-usual activities as a Solution Developer and Analyst.
- Provide crucial support to the business, ensuring the optimum availability and resiliency of systems.
- Drive system enhancements to align with strategic business needs.
- Ensure compliance of systems with regulatory requirements.
Skills and Experiences: Essential:
- Professional experience in Java development.
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Proficiency in RESTful services.
- Strong database skills, including SQL for issue investigation and resolution.
- Enthusiasm to acquire domain knowledge and establish relationships with various business and technical areas.
- Proactive and self-driven, with a track record of taking initiatives to completion.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and keen intelligence.
- Effective communication and teamwork capabilities.
- Experience within Financial Services or with Financial Products.
Useful but not essential:
- Familiarity with Java frameworks such as Spring, SpringBoot, JPA, Hibernate, and Camel.
- Exposure to tools like Maven, Jenkins CI, and EMS.
- Knowledge of technologies like MongoDb and ElasticSearch.
- Proficiency in a Linux environment.
- Understanding of AWS, Containers, and DevOps practices.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field.